Monday, October 27, 2008

The finer things of life

Ser-en-dip-i-ty(n): the art of making happy discoveries, or finding the unexpectedly pleasant by chance or sagacity.

I've been dying to go to Serendipity for ages. Last year I was shopping and came across this...

At the time, I made a few recipes from this book but never really had time to really get into the ice cream making scene. Now that I am "livin' the dream" (of being unemployed) I have plenty of time to devote to my baking and ice cream skills.  It's getting really out of control to tell you the truth.  We have an ice cream maker but it always seems like it is more hassle than it is worth to make a batch... except today.  The most fabulous vanilla recipe is in this book (along with every other sundae topping to die for).  Let me know if any one wants it and I will post it.  If you have an ice cream maker, I highly recommend making it.



3 comments:

Melissapher said...

Sign me up for that recipe! It looks fabulous!

Jason and Laura said...

Brooke you are so cute... seriously I love all your domestic abilites (I wish I had them). I have always wanted to go to Serendipity too! That ice cream looks amazing... Jason would LOVE it!

Porters said...

yummmm...I love the pictures too, you guys are a great team. :)