Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Living out of a suitcase

We are spending the Thanksgiving holiday in Salt Lake and decided to make a trip of the drive up.  We left on Sunday and went to the Grand Canyon.  As I have never been, the only information I had to go on was the fact that my dad rode a donkey down it.  (If you know my dad, you would understand how ridiculous this had to have been.  Especially for the donkey).







We stayed in St. George with some of my parents friends and went to Zion on Monday. It is so incredibly beautiful this time of year. We went hiking up Angel's Landing. There was a disclaimer on the hiking guide that said to not attempt the hike unless you are in shape. Needless to say, it was harder than we anticipated.



5 comments:

Steve, Brie, Carson, & Landon said...

Good for you guys! We were too anxious to get home plus with the kids it would have been a little crazy. When are we getting together with everybody? When are you heading back home?

katie kortman said...

you and the canyone look beautiful! I love that jacket and your hair! Glad to see you so happy too.

Steve, Brie, Carson, & Landon said...

We're planning on leaving the day after Thanksgiving but if I can convince Steve to stay one more day, we'll leave Saturday

The Frasers said...

haha I think it's funny they said not to hike unless you are in shape! haha What kind of shape? Don't they know that a circle is a shape?? And circles are round? Like lots of people! haha That sounds like so much fun! I have always wanted to go to the Grand Canyon!!

Amanda said...

Oh I'm glad you were able to go to the Grand Canyon! It's such an amazing place..and I LOVE Zions. Although Angel's Landing scares me to death. It is beautiful though!