Sunday, December 28, 2008

December Daring Bakers Challenge

This month's challenge is brought to us by the adventurous Hilda from Saffron and Blueberry and Marion from Il en Faut Peu Pour Etre Heureux.
They have chosen a French Yule Log by Flore from Florilege Gourmand. The website is entirely in French so if you want it let me know and I will email it to you.

There are 6 different layers (or more depending upon how you stack it) to the French Yule log.
1. Almond Dacquoise. ( I decided to do Lemon Dacquoise instead.)
2. White Chocolate Mousse
3. White Chocolate Ganache Insert
4. Coconut Crisp Insert
5. Vanilla Creme Brulee Insert
6. White Chocolate Icing

It took me several days to get all layers or the Yule Log assembled. Anyway, it was delicious!




5 comments:

Melissapher said...

Your yule log looks so tasty! I'm impressed that you didn't do the regular chocolate version!!

Claire said...

Wow...that looks delicious! I love the addition of caramel sauce.

katie kortman said...

oh my gosh! I can barely get myself to take the time to bake, let alone make something that takes multiple days!!! Craziness! It looks to die for though! Yum!

Gretchen Noelle said...

Lemon and coconut sounds like a wonderful combination! Great job on your first challenge. Welcome to the Daring bakers!

breadchick said...

Nice flavors! Well done on your challenge this month.