Saturday, May 30, 2009

One down

I never have time to get anything done.  I'm having the hardest time balancing my obligations and projects which I'm itching to get to.  We went to my mom's over memorial day and I was able to get some of my knitting projects out of the way.  (It helped that we took a 4 hour detour into California because we missed the turn off and didn't realize it until after we went threw the California security check and then proceeded to drive another hour and a half. I can't blame Ed though.  We wouldn't have arrived alive if I was driving, or even on the right road...)  

I completed these for a friend whose baby is due 3 weeks before mine.  She is also having a boy.


On the car ride back, I started making the mobile.  It is honestly going to take me months to get it done.  I spent 2-3 hours just on one of the flowers.  Each petal is double sided almost like a pocket.  I absolutely adore it though.  Here is what it should look like when I get finished...


5 comments:

The Frasers said...

Those are so cute! I love that mobile! When I was on bed rest, I would knit almost all day! I only know how to go in a straight line though!

Melissapher @ IS•LY said...

Those are quite possibly the most adorable little booties I've ever seen!! I can't wait to see the mobile!

katie k said...

so cute! I tried making some booties the other day and got tired after just one. I don't know if I will ever make the second one. And I just ended up buying some pairs on Etsy (see... you should sell on etsy!!). The mobile will be adorable! I made one-not knitted- but I haven't put it all together yet. Can't wait to see yours finished!

Jason and Laura said...

Those are the cutest things ever!!! I want some! :)

Brandon Danielle and Laneah said...

oh that is sooo cute! I am so impressed!