Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The almighty to do list


http://hopkins.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451db8d69e2010536b10f81970c-800wi
So now that I don't have school to get in the way of my life, I'm finnally getting around to a lot of things that need to be done or could be done but its a little hard to justify the time away from studying or vegetating to do them until now. so some of the things to git done...

1. Write a blog post... and wallah!
2. Use a handle little firefox ad-on called scribefire to write blog posts that I installed months ago but haven't used do to the procrastination of #1.
3. strip and restain antique table, feet of chairs, bookshelf, and antique chest of drawers.  For some of these item this is the 3rd attempt at this but now with a power sander we are doing it right.
4. install triple boot to linux ubuntu.  this was actually very easy.  I'm still finding my way around ubuntu but it works great, its simple, stable, quick, free, and while I still use windows for most things its nice to know I have an option.
5. Pick out name for baby. this is still in the works but progress is being made.
6. found crossloop which is a simple way to remote access and control a computer so I can help my parents out when they have computer issues.
7. find table for living room, this might be done,  amazing how hard it is to find a simple accent table.  we found one that was perfect except the color was off.  We bought one that looks great but don't know if it will work...so we're still looking for now.
8. read a non school book.  I've read four, but three were not novels so brooke says they don't count.
9. organized the closet.  this is so we have somewhere to put all of baby's and our stuff.
10. figure out what to do when I grow up.  some progress made but, this one reaks too much of school right now.
11. figure out what we have and what we need to do for food storage.  good news we are doing pretty good.
12. complain about heat.  check that a coulpe times.
13..............

not yet done
1.go to bath and body works and get hand soaps
2.watch a bunch of movies
3.figure out if bag of vegetable source protein they sell at sprouts can be made into anything palatable.
4.resolve to not complain about heat.
5.find someplace fun and cold and find affordable way to get there as to make progress on last line. anyone have a house in norway they need to have looked after for a few weeks?
6...........

well the list continues but you probably have a list of your own to work on



1 comment:

Heather, Dan, and Family said...

I want you to be able to remote access my computer. We are always having computer struggles.
I like the list. Any good books read yet? I always have good suggestions:) I can't wait to hear what you name the little guy. Will he have a Hawaiian middle name like his dad? I bet Brooke is really hating the heat. Being pregnant in the summer is the worst. Oh, and don't worry, you don't have to decide what you want to be yet. Wait until at least the last year of med school:) Dan's indecision took us to Hawaii for a year...not a bad plan.