Saturday, June 27, 2009

Rustic Bread

We're visiting family and friends in Utah for the next few weeks and things have been a little crazy. Ed was sick a week or so ago... then I got it... and lost my voice. I hate being sick. Other than the stated obvious (spending my days in bed close to a box of kleenex), things haven't been too adventurous. I'm getting huge... which should explain this post. I'm taking a break from Daring Bakers for awhile and decided to join a bread baking group. This month the challenge was Rustic Bread.

Overall, the bread was pretty good. I added wheat germ to it as well for added fiber. Wheat bread always tends to stay moist longer than white. I love that.




This month's challenge is hosted by Brianna. She has chosen a Rustic Bread from Jeffrey Hamelman's Bread: A Baker's Book of Techniques and Recipes. The recipe can be found here: http://www.thefreshloaf.com/recipes/rusticbread

6 comments:

Corry said...

Love your bread. Looking forward to more challenges and more from Fresh from the oven.

Claire said...

Beautiful looking loaf. First challenge was great fun. thanks for setting up the group

Dips said...

Looks great..all round and glorious :)

Scott and Ashley--- said...

Hey! We stumbled upon your blog and love to read it! Our blog is scottyandashleystevenson.blogspot.com.

discodevo said...

yes I have!
oh and i don't believe for a second that you could be "huge" your probably are starting to look normal!

Debyi said...

What a great idea, adding the wheat germ. I'll have to try that next time I make it. Your bread looks great!