Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fresh From the Oven: Focaccia

This month the challenge was Focaccia. We were able to choose whatever recipe we wanted. I found one from The Food Network that received really good reviews. I need to stop basing my decisions on what other people think of something they make. It is often completely different than my own opinion. Anyway, the recipe that I used can be found here. I added sun dried tomatoes to it and should have waited to add them until the last 3-5 minutes. They turned out crispy and gross. I don't know if I added too much Parmesan, but it seemed a little dry on the top as well. The bread itself was really good, the toppings kind of sucked though.

4 comments:

Claire said...

Your bread looks nice. I think I have used sundried tomatoes on a focaccia before. I think I mixed mine in to the dough and that worked well. Any on the surface I pushed down so they were partly into the dough. Added too long after going in the oven I'm not sure you'd get them to stick to the bread.

Debyi said...

Bummer about your toppings. They all sound very good. Your pix looks great thoguh.

Corry said...

Hi Brooke,
Your focaccia looks great! Just flick the tomatoes off and enjoy. Mine was a little dry on top because I over baked it but inside was great. Practice makes perfect!!!

Anet said...

Oh, my dried tomatoes were a bit less "browned" than yours! We should say we planned it that way, hmmm? The focaccia was good though. I like Claire's suggestions and will try them next time.