Saturday, August 29, 2009

San Diego

Ed and I were able to go to San Diego this week before the start of school, before the baby comes, and to escape the heat. I think we brought the heat with us though. San Diego was having record highs. We still had a great time though (minus my ever present edema and random crying spells... yeah, you haven't seen anything until you seen a grown women crying during the Shamu exhibit).
After we arrived, we went to the beach for a few hours. (I was talking to my mom when this picture was taken... 5 weeks left--lets hope they're short. I am honestly getting bigger by the day and more uncomfortable by the second.)
We went to SeaWorld. You have no idea how many people were man-handling the starfish. I feel so bad for those things.

How sweet is this? The flamingo's had babies.


We went to Balboa Park and walked around the museums and gardens.


Ed starts class on Monday. I keep thinking that one of these days we're going to get sick of each other because we've spent so much time together this summer but we don't. I keep thinking how soon we'll have a new baby to be absorbed with and we won't get to spend time with just each other. In the mean time, it's nice to just get wrapped up in each other.

8 comments:

McKell said...

That's great you were able to do that. Everything is different once the baby comes. Crying at the Shamu exhibit? That's kinda funny.

Brie Wheelwright said...

That looks like so much fun! We're glad to have you back.

The Frasers said...

Looks like SO much fun! I love trips! It was smart of you to go on a "babymoon" before your little one arrives!!

Orange Juice said...

Keep wrapping yourselves up in each other! It gets a bit hard with a newborn. They are adorable, but when they come they bring with them this desire and instill it in you that you are their only source of love, hope, happiness and food.(which is true) If you are anything like me, you will feel so obligated to that child, in a loving spiritual way, that nothing else will matter. It is hard to pull out and balance it! 5 weeks wow. We are excited for you!

Heather, Dan, and Family said...

Good for you guys. Cherish your last little while of alone time!

As for the blogfest Ed, go big or go home :) I am not sure I will have time to blog in the next little while, so I decided to get caught up.

Cami said...

what a great break away! i love sea world, but i never thought about the poor starfish before. anyway looks like you guys had a great time!

Laura said...

Hey Brooke!! It's so fun being able to see you guys. We can't wait until your little one arrives!!

Frei Family said...

How nice that you were able to get away!! The beach looks so peaceful!!!