Friday, November 13, 2009

Speechless

I can't really describe the last few weeks. Stressful? Sleep Depriving? Anxious? There isn't a particular adjective that could sum it all up. Ed and I were having a discussion a few days ago about how this (motherhood/parenting) is the only job where you are screamed at, spit up on, and peed on and you still keep coming back for more.


It's moments like this that leave me utterly speechless though. It's funny how a simple gum-y smile can completely make you immediately so grateful for those 1 am wake up calls.

6 comments:

Bulloch Family said...

Even when they get older and you start getting ignored you still are speechless when they give you a smile!! He is adorable Brooke!!

katie k said...

amen. that smile is what makes it all better.

Julianne said...

That smile is precious! Agreed. Hard work, but so worth it!

Andrea (ace1028) said...

Congrats to you. Just stumbled across your blog, enjoy these sweet moments! They are too precious!

Orange Juice said...

It is so crazy! I am remembering. It is a good reminder because I will be embracing that all over again here in a few weeks. Your baby is darling and so are the slippers you made!!

Jason and Laura said...

Brooke! I've been out of the loop on the blogs!! Little Esley is SOOOO cute!!!!!! Can we please play when I come back?? I will be in a funk, I'm sure :)