Monday, April 5, 2010

Life, as I now know it

I used to be a perfectionist. really. You wouldn't know that by capturing a glimpse at my life now, but once upon a time I had an orderly life. This is no longer the case. I basically hit rock bottom last Friday. Our ward has this thing every Friday called Music Makers. It's kind of a get together with other women in the ward to sing and play music with your child. Anyway, I figured Esley and I would go. Esley and I were dressed and ready 15 minutes before we needed to be there. 10 minutes before it started we were backing out. Ed always goes this one way to church (I never drive when we are together) and I figured I'll take the free way (he never does) and it will be so much faster, right? This was not the case. Because I never drive and we never go the way I went, I completely missed the turn off and took the exit after the one the church is on. At this point I figured.. oh it must be a little further and I preceded to keep going in the completely wrong direction. After realizing, I was already 5 minutes late I text Ed and asked him what road the church was on. At this point in the story (if I were the reader) I would think..."just turn around and go the right way." With special thanks to ADOT and their never ending road construction, I didn't get the chance to turn around until I reached 111th Ave (the church is on 67th) and I see signs welcoming me to Sun City. (If you're still following, I was 15 minutes late at this point). From the back seat, I no longer heard Esley's elephant jingly-thingy making noise... oh no, I now hear a grunting noise from Esley. Yes. Exactly what you're thinking happened at this point. I didn't know whether I should laugh or cry. With all good intentions, we did no make it to Music Makers. Instead, we made it to Target for a little retail therapy.


Is anyone else feeling like they're running on empty?

4 comments:

jeremy and steph said...

Brooke, I am so sorry! What an ordeal...Target always helps though (we heart Target!) I would say you should follow me to MM this week...but I am always like 15 min. late :)...but I really hope you try try again, and come this week!

Bulloch Family said...

I hope you try to come this week too!! I have been feeling the same way! Our kids just take a little piece of our brains/perfections away from us! Chaos can sometimes make life more fun though. :)

blueeyedfreckle said...

oh man. I've definitely had those days! sorry that happened! I feel that way-running on empty every few days I swear, though it seems to be getting a lot easier! I am always tired!

Cara and Steve said...

We never made it to music makers either... and I know I promised you I would be there. Since Grace totally confuses me with her sleep schedule, I never really know when she will take a nap... and of course she was taking a nap. And I totally know what that feels like to think you know where you are going, and then you don't, and then you think you do, but it's too late because of course you happen to run into road construction...