Friday, May 7, 2010

Cloth diapering

I've been interested in cloth diapers for awhile. I love the benefits that they have: biodegradable, eco-friendly, cheaper, cuter, etc. I just don't really know anyone who uses them. I've been reading this blog a lot lately (love it by the way) and this article has really helped ease my mind. I love that gDiapers have the flush or toss option. It's really the best of both worlds... you can toss it like a disposable but you have all of the benefits of a cloth diaper. I love how they velcro in the back (esley has figured out how to un-velcro his disposables). Does anyone use cloth diapers out there or has anyone tried them? I've looked at a lot of options (bumgenius, Flip diapers, etc) and I really feel like gDiapers might be the best option. Any advice?

6 comments:

Brie Wheelwright said...

Sorry, I've only used them as dust rags! Good luck :)

Lisa and Daniel said...

I have never used cloth diapers, but know people who have and they love it. I'm not sure what they use though. I think it's awesome you're wanting to do this because there really are so many great benefits!

Kell said...

I've always wanted to try them. Not necessarily because of envirnonmental reason but for the health benefits of the child. Let me know what info you find out and how it goes if you try it :)

Becca said...

Were you in the ward at the same time as Shelley Schneider? She's having a baby and has done extensive research. If you don't know her, I'll get her to tell me what she does know and I'll pass it on. She's found a brand she really seems to like.

Cara and Steve said...

My sister-in-law used cloth diapers for a while. She now switches back and forth between disposable and cloth (she had 3 kids in diapers at one time!). I really wanted to use cloth diapers, but I kind of went crazy buying disposable diapers for super cheap with coupons. I now have enough diapers to last Grace until she probably no longer needs them. My sister-in-law used bumgenius and really liked them. They leaked a lot more often than disposable, so you really have to be diligent about changing often. If her baby hadn't pooped in a while, she would use a disposable to hopefully catch the messy ones. I think it's a great idea... good luck with your decision!

FamilyBergloff said...

I have raised 4 boys in cloth and when it was needed I used disposable!
You get so good at it that those cloth are snug and gapless.